Custom Goat Antibody Production
Abcore produces quality custom goat polyclonal antibodies due to the great care we give our animals. Our goats are bred in the same area as our farm in Southern California. They are designated as disease-free by the local USDA office. The expert veterinary care and daily health assessment insures that our clients are receiving the best chance for target antibody development. We typically use female yearlings for each project, and prices start at $1,320.
Standard 98 day Antibody Production Goat Protocol
|Pre-immunization bleed only upon request|
|0||Immunize goat with 0.5 mg of antigen mixed with Complete Freund's Adjuvant|
|2||Immunize goat with 0.5 mg of antigen mixed with Incomplete Freund's Adjuvant|
|4||Immunize goat with 0.5 mg of antigen mixed with Incomplete Freund's Adjuvant|
|6||Production bleed yielding approximately 250-275 ml goat serum|
|8||Immunize goat with 0.5 mg of antigen mixed with Incomplete Freund's Adjuvant|
|10||Production bleed yielding approximately 250-275 ml goat serum|
|12||Immunize goat with 0.5 mg of antigen mixed with Incomplete Freund's Adjuvant|
|14||Production bleed yielding approximately 250-275 ml goat serum|
- Antigen requirement for custom goat antibody production: 2.5 mg per 1 goat protocol for immunizations.
- Pre-immunization bleeds average 5 ml serum, only if requested.
- ELISA on 1 bleed is done at any time during the project, at no charge.
- If you request ELISA testing, additional antigen may be required.
- Typical yield of serum from the standard goat antibody production protocol is 750 ml goat serum
Additional Optional Services:
- Additional production bleeds
- SQ/IM/IP/ID/IV immunizations
- Additional ELISA assays
- Protein A/G purification
- Affinity purification
- Western blot validation
- IHC validation
- ICC validation
- Antibody isotyping
Abcore provides free antigen design to assist in selection of the best possible peptide sequence for eliciting the desired antibody response. We use the latest in software with the proper algorithms to assess antigenicity, hydrophilicity, flexibility, secondary structure and aggregation potential. Please take advantage of this free assistance.
Abcore USDA registration number 93-R-0541.