Baculovirus Titration Kit
A convenient "all reagents included" virus extraction and quantification kit
No more plaque assays, no more ELISA or immuno assays, and no more virus extraction spin columns!
- Titer accuracy comparable to plaque assay method
- Less than one hour hands-on time
- Virus DNA extraction and titration in under three hours
- Compatible with any AcMNPV-based baculovirus system containing gp64 viral gene
- Single step virus DNA extraction: just add lysis solution (no spin columns)
- QPCR Primers/ Probe provided as a single reagent mix: just add water
- High performance, ultra sensitive master mix reagent included
- Plaque assay titred virus internal standards included for standard curve generation
Overview of the Protocol
- Virus DNA is extracted from recombinant viruses of unknown titer and from a series of dilutions of the virus internal standard (no columns are needed, simply add lysis solution to the virus sample and place into a thermocycler).
- QPCR is carried out to determine the Ct values for the virus DNA samples and internal standards (realtime PCR machine).
- The titres of the virus DNA samples are determined by plotting their Ct values onto a standard curve generated using virus internal standards (provided in the kit).
- Lysis buffer
- Primer/Probe mix
- QPCR master mix
- Virus internal standard
- DNA positive control
- RNase free water
- User Guide
The kit contains reagents adequate for 100 reactions. This allows for up to 24 titrations in triplicate and 3 standard curves.
For more information and protocol details, please download the baculoQUANT all-in-one User Guide (PDF).
Please note this product ships on dry ice so additional shipping charges may apply.