In-Vivo Monoclonal Antibody Production via Mouse Ascites
Ascites production is one of the most cost-effective methods to produce monoclonal antibodies. We offer production for research laboratories and biotech companies. We are a USDA registered facility in Southern California and Abcore employs experienced technicians with multiple years of ascites production experience to ensure quality antibody product with maximum yields. Also, we are excited to announce that we just finished expanding our laboratory in Southern California by adding a state of the art, brand new ascites production facility. The facility is monitored 24 hours a day for constant temperature and humidity. Everything from the ceiling tiles to the flooring was selected for achieving the highest possible standards. We can handle individual projects using just a few mice, or we have a capacity of over 4,000 mice for larger industrial projects.
Project Information for Ascites Production
- Pristaine primed mice are injected with a hybridoma cell line
- BALB/c, BALB/c hybrid, Nude and SCID mice are available for ascites production
- Ascites fluid develops over the next 10-14 days and is harvested over multiple taps
- Antibody concentration typically increases with each successive tap
- Ascites is pooled, centrifuged, and delipidated
- An average yield from BALB/c mice is 3-5mLs of ascites fluid per mouse with an average monoclonal antibody concentration of 3-5mg/mL
- We also offer purification of your ascites fluid. Please see Abcore purification services.
- At the end of the ascites production project you will receive a batch record for your ascites or purified material with complete information.
For more background information on ascites production, please read our blog posts on the subject:
- An Introduction to Ascites Production
- Why Choose Ascites Production?
- more posts on ascites production are coming soon...
For additional project details, please download the ascites production details (PDF).